Friday 22 June 2012

serve me a reminder not to fall in love again
remind me not to let anyone else in again
you clipped my wings just when I thought I could fly
I'm Icarus in the diaphanous folds of your sky
the sun shines bright but you shine brighter still
the way you came after me was overkill
I wasn't ready for the burn of what you had to give
my mind struggles to recall when I gave you the incentive
I blame myself for letting things get this far
and now I'll forever bear your scar
my heart's a plethora of disease, I'd rather take a heart attack
than love you for another minute. The wax,
it falls away from my eyes
your rays, they set my fragile wings alight
like Pandora's box
I keep hope deep inside
what else have I got
but these things that remind
that I haven't got you
just for a second, please
Hold tight.
I'm trying to pretend that loving you is easy
so I'll choke on a smile and I'll close my eyes
and I'll dream of you;
The Light of my Life

No comments:

Post a Comment