Saturday 8 June 2013

jumping in puddles

Don't pretend you're real
you weak imitation of life
you carbon copy of an echo 
of a tracing of a girl
the wavelengths you try to replicate 
are flatter than your fake wishes
and I find you rather tedious 
in fact I'd rather watch paint dry
I deign you improper
and I couldn't drown in you
because there isn't an inch of depth to you

You probably think me contrived 
and you'd be right my love
it's all in the name, my love
but at least I don't have to try

Just like fake lashes 
with your fake nails
with your lips that are plainer
than you like to pretend

You pale imitation of life
how did you ever think you could replace her
she who was prettier and smarter
she who laughed harder
who didn't fawn like a follower of the crown
whenever I waved my hand
my eyes are itching, aching 
with a desperate need to get rid of you
turn around and face the wall,
I wont even look at you now
I'm so done with you,
I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment