Thursday 22 March 2012

I want it so loud my ears are ringing for days
the whisper of your melancholy words in my brain
I want it to attack when I least expect 
and render me incapable of coherent thought
your lucid pronunciation becomes my own
I start to lose myself in whispered words, I'm undone
let the drip of conscious slide down my back
as I'm released back into your arms where I belong
like tapping fingers on my throat you consume
the cloud of you the air I breathe begins to choke
easily they fall from your lips
to bring sweet pestilence to my ear
the note rumbles from you as an earthquake to a shore
the wave of you seduces me
and leaves me an open sore
the sustain in your throat leaves me with bated breath
as you suck from my lungs the air and you begin to possess
the candid silence I hear in your pause
I've known from the very start: I'm yours.
your tender kiss lands upon my lobe
I bathe in the poignant simplicity of your verse
it swims around my love of your spoken word
you condemn me to deliverance
one that I cannot forgo
you lick me prosey and a delight
for yours is one I cannot forget
you speak again and wind around me
like a ribbon for a child you're affluent within
how long is a piece of string you may ask
about as long as my fondness for your voice, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment