Thursday 8 November 2012

narcissus

through glassy eyes do you see
reflect back all you long to be
this pane of glass, another world
he is alice in his Wonderland

Narcissus your vanity is killing me
this mask didn't exist naturally
you have some tremendous nerve
when the meek shall inherit the earth

take care my love, don't drown yourself
you've swum much too far out for help
this lifejacket only floats so far
and you're knocking on death's door

Narcissus please stay awhile
my cocoon pales to your butterfly
mould me not on your celestial features
i am only god's mortal creature

Angel from the great chain of being
lift me from this place i'm kneeling
Narcissus let me taste your wrath
i'm beyond the point of looking back

Narcissus i want to tear your skin
let me wear you slightly in
i'll hang you off, you'll see it clearer
staring forever in my bedroom mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment