Friday 22 February 2013

advice from a caterpillar (Alice Alice series)

can I help you dear you look quite lost
and you have wandered in my midst
this caterpillar with obsidian eyes
will help in your distress
if you fly away like butterflies
at least tell me your name
for I am old and very wise
and I love to hear a tale

Silly Girl you mustn't fret
speak in riddles and in rhymes
don't worry dear I've got all day
relax and take your time
from the refined way you speak
i know you must be quite deranged
if we weren't all mad here
i'd have thought you'd gone insane

flutters and wings, a hundred legs
a Cheshire Cat Grin
Big and Small
you know them all
my patience is wearing thin

we're going round in circles
you'll have to accept your fate:
it's 'whomever fits the glove'
And your glove is quite forsake
oh Father William might be old
but it's you that's lost their brain
i wish to change my mind and leave
your conversation is quite inane

you don't know who you are
im starting to wonder if you are anyone at all

No comments:

Post a Comment