Thursday 24 October 2013

refuse thy name

i know that you hold the key
come and sin again,
sin once more with me
we can deny them all
repentance lies in every heart you'll see

lie not with your woman tonight
she has more to hide than me
while she is faking every caress
my faintest touch holds more belief

original sin doesn't exist
you took even that pride from me
you take weight faithfully
i'll give back the honour-
you can have back the keys

consider it a crime of passion
that i don't know what to say
my tongue has run away with untruths
and thrice i let you get away

but you named me thusly
you gave me my name
and in the same breath you tarried me
and gave me away

Jesus, forgive me now
i'm lying little away
you were to flick water in my eyes
but you let me stray
you let me stray

No comments:

Post a Comment