Saturday 7 April 2012

The Way I Couldn't

Could you repeat what you said
I must have missed
When I was dreaming of chalky faces and painted lips
Every word you said

I cannot help his voice is sweeter than yours
That he captures my attention easier
That his words,
- Not even meant for me
Move me more than you could ever

(You might think it cruel)
Though it is no fault of mine
That his skin is smoother
His eyes prettier and his lips more tempting
Even though it's all in my mind

Is it so bad that you fail to hold my attention
That I don't look at you in the right way
That my eyes wander to distant places
That the places you take me I have already been

I'm sorry that you're not enough
Please don't despair
I'm sure some day you'll make someone very happy
And they'll be able to care

- The Way I Couldn't

No comments:

Post a Comment