Friday 13 April 2012

Imaginary (A poem in three)

The awkward tumble of limbs
The sprawled out on the grass intwined
Face down in the grass
And rain falling overhead
The simple joy
Of being with two people who share my mind
That even with the absence
(and I assure you, we weren't)
Of narcotics
I would still love you dearly
That even if we weren't close to unconsciousness
I would still lie here with you in the rain
In the cold
Because the love we share is enough for me
The feelings we share
Keep me safe and warm
In the worst situations
In my darkest hour
The knowledge that even if I die
Even if we part
(which undoubtedly we will)
I will still have this moment
I will forever be seventeen
Lying on our bed of grass
Next to you
Softer than the highest quality of Egyptian cotton
(the kind I will probably never know)
And thinking nothing
Feeling nothing
Except the love I feel for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment