Friday 13 April 2012

Girls (A poem in three)

Every night I lay awake
And think about
Leaving
Losing
Learning
Every night I lay awake and dread
The moment when I am lead
The day I catch a train and leave you
(I often remind myself)
There's little I can do
That every second we spend together
Laugh together
Cry together
Is another second lost
Another second bringing me further to
The moment we part
Closer than lovers
(For who could love me more than you)
It's a sad truth
But a truth universally acknowledged
That there won't be another you
And another me
That stays with you forever
Just know that we will always have each other
Trapped in amber
With all it's flaws, our friendship
We will always exist
(even when we don't)
In cups of tea
Roll ups
A tiny flat in Paris
In the notes we shared and abused
There are traces of us everywhere
And know that whenever I see blue tents
And badly applied eyeliner
I will smile and think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment