Monday 29 December 2014

sara i

tiny and sharp tongued
afraid of confrontation
a little weak at heart
constant remonstration
when you bear those teeth
you're about as cuddly as a shark
but it's in this warmth i long to
give you in my grasp
if i can love you,
even as you are so cold
if i could push my hands
through limp hair
and claim your lips for my own
if i could impart the wisdom
of lover's love unheard,
that i love you anyway
it's not that absurd
you don't have to be prettier
to deserve my heart
you don't have to trade your personality
for anything less than stark
we can love hot and cold-
and create together new life
we can be just as great
-as your cold blooded heart

a drink to you,
my precious bitch
a drink until it's light
if you were anything less than unkind
you wouldn't be worth the fight
it's not just that you're 'zany'
a look is just enough
to put me in my place
and instantly shut me up
if i thought that i would do anything
in the past, for love
i didn't have an inkling
of what i am capable of
if i'd met you sooner
perhaps you'd be more a delight
but i prefer you this way
you irritable cry for help

whenever i catch you laughing
i'm just shocked at the sight
i didn't think you had
thoughts and feelings
that weren't posthumously dark
i imagine our coupling
as a way to pick a fight
and the make up after
enough to sort me out
it's not that you're not loving
and i'm sure you sometimes smile
i just love to love the fury
that tempts to overflow
it's a wonder now then,
that your face lights up at all
that you speak with understanding
and not from behind a wall
i get that you're stressed
and i get that you've got to work
but it makes me want to throw you down
and kiss you in the dirt

if i could pay for your attention
i'd pay a pretty dime
i'd hire you for hours
-you're more than worth my time
i'm not trying to objectify
and i know no woman is a whore
i'm just trying to convey the desperation
of always wanting more
i know it's inappropriate
and i know that you're not gay
but it's past understanding
i love you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment